Sunday, May 13, 2012

It just occurred to me that I've been using Twitter and Facebook as a blog. Why do that when I have an actual blog? I've enjoyed going back and reading previous posts so I really need to make an effort to post more often. Even if it's just for me. 

It's been two months since my last post. I have to say that I am feeling so much better. Do I have bad days? Of course. I miss Matt. But for the most part, I'm doing pretty darn good. I've managed to keep myself busy and that has been a life-saver. 

What has kept me so busy you ask? Being a teacher and arts and crafts. I've thrown myself into my work trying to be a better teacher. And I think my class really benefited from this. We are as close as a teacher and class can be. 18 peas in a pod (17 kids and me). Then my re-commitment to crafting. It makes me so happy so why not do it more consistently?

It's not a bad thing either that I'm extremely focused on the Spurs and their NBA Playoffs efforts. GO SPURS GO. I noticed my mood wasn't as pleasant since they were resting for over a week waiting for their next opponent. Yes, sports affects me that much. It's a great feeling actually.

As to the current status of my empty room...well today my BIL brought an old exercise bike for me. It's actually the one my parents had when I was growing up. It's made its rounds to various homes and now came to live with me. Hopefully, I can start slowly and get healthy. For reals this time. "Slow and steady wins the race", right?

As I end my post I want to wish all the mamas the Happiest of Mother's Days. And someone tweeted that for mothers struggling with infertility it's the hardest day of the year. So a prayer to all the mamas to be and women hoping to be mamas. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Til next time! Happy upcoming week to all!!!!

4 comments:

Celine said...

Hi Patty !

So good to see you posting ! :-)

"Slow and steady wins the race" for sure ! Start slowly and you'll succeed !

Patty said...

Thanks Celine. I hope to keep at it this time.

bhacosem said...

I just LOOOVE Your Blog! So cute!>.<

Unknown said...

Twitter and Facebook as well as the features of social networking, many things can bring. friv juegos