Sunday, May 13, 2012

It just occurred to me that I've been using Twitter and Facebook as a blog. Why do that when I have an actual blog? I've enjoyed going back and reading previous posts so I really need to make an effort to post more often. Even if it's just for me. 

It's been two months since my last post. I have to say that I am feeling so much better. Do I have bad days? Of course. I miss Matt. But for the most part, I'm doing pretty darn good. I've managed to keep myself busy and that has been a life-saver. 

What has kept me so busy you ask? Being a teacher and arts and crafts. I've thrown myself into my work trying to be a better teacher. And I think my class really benefited from this. We are as close as a teacher and class can be. 18 peas in a pod (17 kids and me). Then my re-commitment to crafting. It makes me so happy so why not do it more consistently?

It's not a bad thing either that I'm extremely focused on the Spurs and their NBA Playoffs efforts. GO SPURS GO. I noticed my mood wasn't as pleasant since they were resting for over a week waiting for their next opponent. Yes, sports affects me that much. It's a great feeling actually.

As to the current status of my empty room...well today my BIL brought an old exercise bike for me. It's actually the one my parents had when I was growing up. It's made its rounds to various homes and now came to live with me. Hopefully, I can start slowly and get healthy. For reals this time. "Slow and steady wins the race", right?

As I end my post I want to wish all the mamas the Happiest of Mother's Days. And someone tweeted that for mothers struggling with infertility it's the hardest day of the year. So a prayer to all the mamas to be and women hoping to be mamas. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Til next time! Happy upcoming week to all!!!!


Celine said...

Hi Patty !

So good to see you posting ! :-)

"Slow and steady wins the race" for sure ! Start slowly and you'll succeed !

Patty said...

Thanks Celine. I hope to keep at it this time.

nabihah md zaid said...

I just LOOOVE Your Blog! So cute!>.<

Linda Walker said...

Twitter and Facebook as well as the features of social networking, many things can bring. friv juegos