Monday, July 7, 2008

Good Times!

I have to say that this past weekend was absolutely one of the best this summer. As I mentioned previously my best friend Edie came into town. While I lived in San Antonio I met Edie while teaching at my previous school. Instantly we clicked and she so kindly invited me into her family. I have to say that I am so grateful to her because her family welcomed me and I had a family away from home. My dad once joked if Connie, Edie's mother, was going to claim me on her income tax because I spent so much time with them. We had breakfast every weekend, went grocery shopping, and had Sunday dinner with the family every week. So Edie and I saw each other basically every day. We spent time together at work and also on weekends. Naturally, it was very difficult when I moved back home, but we've kept in touch and I'm so glad.
My parents were also grateful because I suppose you always want good people in your child's life. So on Edie and Connie's visit they obviously spent a lot of time with my family. I'm proud to say that they are part of my family. If I ever get married (many of you know my position on that) Edie will be my maid of honor.
Another reason that I feel my weekend was amazing was because I merged the old with the new. My very first friend at my new school was Yoly. She makes me laugh and always tells it like it is. Yoly fits right in with my family and my old friends, Edie and Connie. Next time Edie comes into town I hope to introduce her to a few of my other friends. I'm still debating having a 30th birthday party.

No comments: