Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank You All So Much

So this is my first post since turning 30. I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I expected. I think that has something to do with how great people were. I had an awesome time at my party. Many friends and family came and I am glad I was able to share the day with them.

My weekend of partying started on Friday. My co-teacher had a great celebration planned for me. She left a note for an all out announcement over the school's PA system. I was horrified when everyone heard I was turning 30. Then she brought cupcakes for the whole class. She also managed to have my class make cards. Below are some of their cards. Lastly, a student and his mother from two years ago brought in home baked cupcakes for my class. She makes the best yellow cake and chocolate frosting cupcakes.

Saturday was a very busy day. Not only did I have party stuff to take care of but I also had my great friend, Edie, here and got to spend time with her. She drove in from San Antonio. A best friend indeed. There was a lot of food, talking and music at my party and I think people had fun.

Edie and I


Jen, Bonnie, and I


Horacio and Michael wearing a vest for me.


Apparently this is what my 4 year old niece, Veronica, thinks I look like.


These are a few of the cards my kids made me. My three loves: Little Miss Sunshine, San Antonio Spurs and bees.


Day 2 of being 30 is going great.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a great time at your party! I told you turning 30 wouldn't be so bad.

Heidi said...

Aww it sounds like you had a great day! I love the cards too!!

Amy said...

Happy you had a wonderful Birthday. Looks like you had a great time. I loved all of the cards the students and family made you. Here's to being in your 30's.

Patty said...

Thanks girls. All of you were right. I'm 30 and fabulous.