Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008...The Best.Year.EVER!!!

Note: I started this post on New Year's Eve but haven't gotten around to finishing it until today. Super sorry!

As I mentioned in my previous post 2008 has been my best year ever. I have so much to be thankful for. So many amazing things happened in both my professional and personal lives. Here are some random but meaningful things that I'm grateful for in 2008.

  • A whole year with Horacio - My baby and godson is so handsome and awesome. I'm a better person because of him.
  • Best class ever...2B - I truly have a great class. They are brilliant, kind, attentive, and amazing. I'm so sad to only have them for 4 more months.
  • New friends in the blogging world and online - NaBloPoMo 2008 introduced me to many new friends. I've also made some great friends online. And I've met some awesome people through current friends and family.
  • Carpooling with Jen - Jen and I have been carpooling since September. I enjoy our drives to work and home. If either one of us has to miss my day just doesn't go the same.
  • Co-teaching - I am having the best experience sharing my classroom with another teacher. I have become a better teacher because of the opportunity.
  • The Summer Olympics and Argentinean Basketball - It was exciting to see Michael Phelps win all his metals. Also, Manu played for Argentina. Let's just say that even though I had to wake up at strange hours to watch them play it was worth it. Manu ended up getting hurt but I have to support my man's decision to play for his country.
  • Love - The potential for love made 2008 a great year.
  • Twilight Saga - I fell in love with Edward. It was a great read and I got many of my peeps to read it too.
  • The Sex and the City movie - What can I say? The movie was as great as the series.
  • Shopping Spree - I don't like to shop for myself often but when Avenue opened in town I went crazy. Now I feel great in some awesome clothes.
  • New found hobbies - I bought a Cricut machine and now I found a new love for card and invitation making.
So there you have a few reasons why I will miss 2008. I hope this means 2009 will be even better.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am glad you had such a great year! I have to say it was a pretty good year for me too! I too have enjoyed our car rides to school! I think it's really strengthened our friendship!

Here's to 2009!!