Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

So like I said on my profile, I just turned 29 and I am not so happy about it. I mean, next year I turn 30! That means I'm old and gross. But my friend Edie has convinced me to welcome the BIG 3-0 with a party. Somehow that makes it all worth it. I'll keep you up to date with all the party planning.

I'll have to say that my 29th birthday went extremely well. I am very blessed to have the friends and family I have. But to talk about my birthday this year I have to mention my class and parents. I was very much spoiled this year. My birthday started when my friend Jen took me to Starbucks the night before my birthday. I had my favorite drink: White Chocolate Mocha Coffee. I also applied for a job at Starbucks but that's a whole different story.



The next day Jen also brought me my favorite Sonic Drink: Oceanwater. Next many of students came in with several presents and cards. One little girl brought me a dozen roses in a vase. Then, my room mom, (yes, my school has room mothers), brought me none other than my favorite Starbucks drink and balloons. She also brought me lunch from Pei Wei.

At lunch I celebrated my birthday with my fellow 2nd grade teachers. We each take turns making or buying a cake for the birthday girl. When I got back to my room after lunch I had an additional cake from one of my students. Yikes!!! Anyone counting my calories? Well needless to say that I had also bought cupcakes for my kids to celebrate my birthday.

Did you say presents? I did get lots. But the one in particular that stands out is a $100.00 gift card to Macy's. Yay! I get to go shopping. I can't wait to see what they have.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!! I am also happy you started your blog!! Watch out it can become VERY addicting!!