Monday, February 4, 2008

Do you have a Valentine?

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and I don't have a Valentine. I know, I know but I sometimes don't pay attention to that because as a teacher you automatically get stuff. I feel loved and appreciated. But I guess it would be nice to get some flowers delivered. (Maybe Manu is reading this!) Valentine's Day is not one of my favorite holidays but I love pink. I want to buy all of the cute Valentine's stuff. All of it. I know a lot of people refuse to buy Valentine's stuff because it's so commercialized. Here's a news flash: go out and buy your sweeties something. Who cares if it is a commercialized holiday? Don't girls put up with enough guy crap to deserve a little candy on Valentine's Day? Being a tomboy girlie girl myself, I appreciate the guy crap but still love to be a girlie girl. So to all my guy friends who don't do anything for their girlfriends on Valentine's Day...start a new tradition. And don't think spending 30$ on a teddy bear is what we want. In fact I'd kill Manu if he wasted 30$ on a bear. But a thoughtful gift is really nice on Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think it's a good thing I am teacher because my hubby's one of those, the holiday was made up by the card companies!! But you already knew that!!