Friday, February 22, 2008

Nooo! I've Been Tagged.

I'm not a fan of chain letters or text forwards or stuff like that, but I'm a team player. I figured people can get to know me better if I answer these questions. The only person I have to tag is Ruben, so you're it! Again! Sorry! Again!

1. What was the best thing you cooked last week?


I made a breaded chicken with pasta. Yummy!

2. If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and with who?

I would go see the Taj Mahal in India. I've wanted to see it since I was little. I remember having a board game when I was little called Hotels. I always bought the Taj Mahaal Hotel. And the story of the Taj Mahal is so romantic. Who wouldn't want to visit it?
I would go with my best girl friend, Edie. She's the only person that has a tougher skin than I do and could put up with my attitude, opinions, and sentimental craziness for that many straight days and nights.

3. When was the last time you cried?

This week. I was thinking about how excited I am to be going to San Antonio for spring break. I'm going to visit the school I used to teach at because the last class I taught there are 5th graders and moving on to middle school. I teared up thinking about all the kids I taught in San Antonio. It's a humbling experience teaching kids that live in projects and have very little. It was also an eye opening experience doing home visits. There aren't words to explain the feeling when you have to sit across a parent and have a conference while there are bugs crawling on their kitchen table. There is something so amazing about the spirit of these kids. I am grateful to them for making me the teacher I am. It's unfortunate that not every teacher gets to experience it. The experience made me grow some tough skin. If only some of the teachers I work with now would stop complaining about PTA long enough to appreciate what they have. I could share my experiences but until you live it, it's not relevant. But not to worry. My tears are also of happiness because even though the odds are against them, there are many success stories too.

4. Five things you were doing 10 years ago?
  • Lived away from home in the residence hall at a university in San Antonio.
  • Met the guy I thought I was going to marry.
  • Went to my first club: Joe's Volcano was so much fun.
  • Had my first real romance.
  • Kicked ass in college.

5. Five things you were doing 5 years ago?
  • Being a real grown-up: 2nd year of teaching, apartment, and bills.
  • Started grad school.
  • Letting go of the guy I thought I was going to marry.
  • Introduced to Manu Ginobili and becoming a San Antonio Spurs Fan.
  • Invited to be an honorary member of Edie's family. In life we're lucky to have a great family of our own but a 2nd family. I am one lucky gal.
6. Five things you were doing 1 year ago?
  • Moved back home and started teaching at a new school.
  • Watched the Spurs win the NBA Finals.
  • Looked forward to the final Harry Potter book.
  • Found out that make-believe schools do exist.
  • Made tons of new friends.
7. Seven of your favorite hobbies:
  • watching sports
  • making jewelry
  • baking
  • reading celebrity gossip (You know you're waiting to hear what J.Lo named her babies!)
  • singing karaoke
  • decorating for Christmas
  • watching Food Network

8. Five favorite foods: (Just Five?)
  • macaroni and cheese
  • cookies, cakes, pies, candy - sweets!!!
  • seafood
  • popcorn
  • cottage cheese
9. Five places you've been:
  • Jamestown, Virginia
  • Laguna Beach, California
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • South Padre Island
10. Five favorite memories (in no particular order):
  • Getting into grad school. Trinity is quite the competitive university. They only let 18-20 people enter the Masters Program every year. Everyone google Dr. Thomas Sergiovanni. What an educational guru! He's the keynote speaker at places all over the world. Also, check out International School of the Americas based on Dr. Serge's ideas.
  • Graduating grad school. Not easy when you teach a TAKS grade.
  • Flying for the first time ever to California when I was younger. My god-father took me to Laguna Beach. I had a blast.
  • Driving to Brownsville and South Padre Island with some grad school cohort friends. Four gals and one guy. It was so much fun. I think there is a tape out there somewhere of certain events.
  • Moving back home to spend time with my family. I get to go to my nephews' school performances and see my nieces do things that are out of this world.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for playing yet again!! I knew you would be bothered by tagging you but I wanted to see your responses! You know YOU like it!!! Anyways thanks for being a good sport and playing!!