- Presents: giving and receiving. I have to begin with my class this year. They are the most observant and thoughtful class I've ever taught. They listen to every word I say. All of the gifts they gave me were things they heard me say I loved. Also, no expense was spared when it came to their gifts. I didn't get them anything amazing but they were all so grateful and thankful. My favorite student gift: a San Antonio Spurs ornament. Then my friends and family also gave me many thoughtful gifts. And I was happy to give many gifts to all my friends and family. My favorite family gift: a tie between a framed picture of Horacio (He looks adorable). and my cousin gave me all the Scrubs seasons I didn't have. 4 in total so now I have all 7.
- Family: I've been lucky enough to spend lots of time with all of my family. I am including my cousins as well as my nieces, nephews, and brother and sisters.
- Karaoke: Everyone knows that I'm a huge fan of karaoke. Last night at our annual Christmas Eve Party other people actually joined in on the singing fun. I have to admit that even though I wanted people to join in on the fun I was a bit reluctant to let go of the microphone. In the end, karaoke was a HUGE hit.
- Shopping: I am not a shopper at all. Wait! Let me rephrase that. I am not a shopper during the holiday season. I hate to even shop for myself. I currently owe my brother and parents their Christmas presents. However, in a strange moment of weakness I headed out for a day (yes, a whole day) of shopping with my cousin Mary and her boyfriend's cousin, Robert (Please see bullet number 5). I ended up having so much fun with them. And I managed to buy some last minute gifts.
- New Friends: I've met a couple of new people over the break. Robert is one of them. He's funny and a good guy so I'm excited to take a road trip with him and my cousin and her boyfriend. I always have a great time with Ben and Mary so I expect nothing but the same this time around.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Hands down Christmas 2008 has been my best Christmas ever. Actually, the year 2008 has been my best year ever. I'll write a post about my favorite 2008 moments next week. Today I want to dedicate my post to the reasons why I had the best Christmas ever.