Sunday, February 22, 2009

A First For Patty

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm taking a few "simple" steps to make my life and soul healthier. Simple because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what you need to do, but not so simple because sometimes the most simple things are the hardest to do. Does that make sense?

Today I took my first step in my entertainment component. I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The movie itself was great. I will say it was heartbreaking but the love story is one of the best I've seen in a while. The best part was the experience. I LOVED going to the movies alone. As mentioned many times, I am a tomboy and I hate to show any real emotion about anything...especially sad and touching moments that result in tears. I have been known to do it but I don't like it. Watching the movie alone gave me the opportunity to feel as I wanted without feeling self conscious about it. The only downfall was that when I had to pee (the movie is almost 3 hours) I had to take my stuff with me. There are some movies that I think are funner to watch with a friend. So I won't be watching all movies alone.

So here's to continuing on my adventure.

Random
Heath Ledger just won the Supporting Actor Oscar!!! I'm so sad it happened when he was gone but he deserved it. I actually think he deserved it in 2005 for Brokeback Mountain but that's just my opinion. His family gave a touching speech. Brought tears to my eyes. Good thing I was alone.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!! I am glad you finally did it!! You've been talking about going to the movies alone for awhile!! I am proud of you for "going it alone!" I know what you mean though about crying in a movie!! I always get made fun of!! I even cried in Cars!!

Heath Ledger did deserve it! Too bad he's not here to enjoy it!

Amy said...

Yeah Patty I am so proud of you. It feels great to go to a movie by yourself. Do not be afraid to shed a tear around others. I do it all of the time. I am a big baby. Way to go Heath. I loved him in "10 things I hate about you and The First night." I hope I have those names right. Thanks for the Welcome back. You are on your way!!!!!

Carol said...

I have never been to the movies alone but I have been to a restaurant by myself. That was my biggest hurdle. I would go through the drive thru but would never go in and eat alone - I can now.

I think it's great that you are trying new adventures! It always make me feel better about myself when I conquer something like that.

Good luck with the rest of your ideas for all your new experiences!