I'm sure I've kept everyone in suspense (kidding) with the latest "New Patty" stuff. I have to say that I'm pretty excited about it all. I feel highly motivated and inspired. So here are the components that I've come up with for the New Patty. After a few staff developments, conversations, reflections, and I suppose divine intervention I'm living life to the fullest and without regrets.
- Health: I have chosen not to follow any particular weight loss program. Instead I am doing my research and just being healthier. I am including my return to Curves, my evening walking dates with my dad, my better eating habits, getting the right amount of sleep, and the necessary visits to doctors, dentists, and dermatologists to ensure I'm on the right path. The difference this time around is that I have no set goal, only to be healthier. My issue with goals, in my experience, is that when I don't reach it I get discouraged. So I don't have a target weight in mind. And let's be real here, at this point any weight loss would be a success. I'm just going to enjoy the work outs and walks and the wiser eating choices. Below is one of the most recent pictures of me. It was taken at my birthday party in January. See what I mean by any weight loss would be a success?
- Entertainment: I will admit that I have become rather lazy. I am typically on my laptop, watching TV (Go Spurs Go), movies, or something of the sorts. Something new my cousin and I want to do is go out to eat at local places, and not the chain restaurants. At the same time, even though it will be so hard, I want to learn to eat healthy while I'm out. Secondly, there are also so many opportunities to see different shows and bands. Lastly, I want to go to movies alone. I've always wanted to and hey...I'm independent and confident so I am going to do it.
- Recreation: I want to get out in the city and do things that I know are out there. And the thing I'm feeling great about is that I may have to do them alone and I don't mind. I also want to get to know my city so when my friends from San Antonio or my boyfriend come into town I can show them the best places to go. I'll be sure to post some great finds in my city. The other recreational thing I want to do is consistently work on my scrapbooking, card making, and jewelry making. When I get to do my arts and crafts I find it very therapeutic. But once I start I can't stop and then that takes the fun out of it. So I figured if I limit myself to one a weekend then I can concentrate on what I'm making and it'll be enjoyable.
- Personal Growth: I love to read. I love to read children's books, magazines, and a few adult books. I also want to volunteer at different places. I already donate money to many causes so now I should look into donating my time. A couple of places I've considered are the local Breast Cancer branch and the local USO and work with the military. Honestly, I've been too lazy to do it. But since I'm embarking on a new adventure and I guess this is the best time to do it. I've thought for a while that I need to spend a little less time on my computer too. Filling up that time with reading and volunteering will help my soul become healthier.
- Professional Growth: I need to continue to read books or attend staff development that will help me be a better teacher and future administrator. How ironic that some of these same staff developments are what inspired me to become the New Patty. So in the end it's not just about becoming a better teacher or administrator but a better me.
- Financial Fitness: What can I say? I need to save, save, save for a rainy day. I guess my entertainment and recreational components better be cheap...yeah right!
These are my components for a healthier and happier Patty. I challenge all of you to check up on me and keep me accountable for any of them. As I like to think of it...even if I am physically alone on this adventure I am not alone because I have the support of my friends. So thanks for caring.
Let the adventure begin!!!