Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Interview

As I mentioned a while back, I've been waiting for a sign to know whether I need to move forward with my master's degree. It took me all this time to realize that there have been little signs all along and I've been sort of ignoring them.
About a month ago my girlfriend, Jen and I decided we both would apply to the Aspiring Assistant Principals Academy. Both of us were almost discouraged from applying because of how difficult it was to get all the requirements together.
It was at this time that I decided it would be a sign from God if we got everything together. What's meant to be will be. Needless to say, at the last minute the final piece came together and we turned in our applications on time.
Then two weekends ago, Jen received an email that she needed to do a ten minute presentation, a five minute interview and respond to an in-basket activity. I didnt' receive that email so I assumed I was rejected. I was relieved to not have to do all that because I was so sick last week and I would have sucked. Thursday was the day of Jen's scheduled presentation and I found out that indeed I also should be presenting on the same day. To make a long story short I was rescheduled for today. I have to say that God had my back again and somehow the fact that I was sick would have made for a poor presentation and interview.
Lastly, when I arrived at the place where all was to occur, I had a missed call from my best friend and practically sister, Edie. It just seemed to make everything fall into place for me. All the signs were there. I immediately called Edie and she was encouraging.
So, I did great on my presentation. The interview was good. You always think of what more you could have said after the fact. I feel positive. Again, if it's meant to be it will.

No comments: