Saturday, March 7, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I finally made it to watch Slumdog Millionaire. I have to say that this was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I've wanted to watch this movie for a couple of months so to finally get the chance was really great.

Before getting into more detail about what the movie meant to me I have to share a little background about me. I am fascinated with India. I think my fascination started when I was in elementary school. My brother and I had a game called Hotels. You try to make a bunch of money and buy hotels. I always bought the Taj Mahal Hotel. At the time I didn't realize that it was an actual place in a different country. I simply thought it was pretty.



As I grew up I found out it was a mausoleum in India. And to my amazement you could actually visit it. Since then I've wanted to got to India and see the Taj Mahal in person. And hence my fascination with India began. I also think there is something so beautiful about Indian women. I love the colors they wear. Hopefully one day I will make it there.

Back to the movie. It didn't glamourized India. It had violence. But it was also a love story. An amazing love story. And the love part aside it was action packed and meaningful. I don't want to give away the ending for those of you that will watch it but it made me ponder this:

Do you believe that there is one person out there for each of us? And do you really believe that you can love someone since you were a child?

So watch Slumdog Millionaire. It really was worth the Academy Award it won.

5 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I have it on my blockbuster to your door queue :), since I think the last time I went to a movie was pre kids .... LOL. I LOVE you blog background it is fabulous and the signature with a cupcake, I so need it ... LOL. Stopping by from SITS, and gushing that I love your blog. :)

If you have time I have a giveaway up, something fun and totally out of the norm for me. Back to mom on Monday ... LOL

Alexis ;) @ Running Away

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok yup it's too cute, I think I'll stay a while ... LOL I'm a follower now.

Lani said...

stopping by from sits... I will have to put Slumdog on my netflix que!

Aileigh said...

I have yet to see it, but will put it on my list. I actually watched a movie with hubby over the weekend that I wasn't expecting to turn into a love story. It was Zach and Miri... You get the idea. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

thanks, I'm going to put it in my queue!