Thursday, November 6, 2008

3 in a row

Today was our bi-annual parent-teacher conference day. Students are dismissed at 12:15 and then from 1 - 6 we meet with parents to discuss report cards and any concerns or questions. For the third straight year I have had very successful and easy-flowing conferences. It's no secret that this year has been my best year of teaching. The students are amazing, almost perfect. I'm co-teaching with a great teacher. I also have a student intern, which up to now I didn't think I would be a great example. It was actually Jen that convinced me to go for it. I've explained to Jen that I feel like I finally have a handle on teaching second grade so next year I'll rock it. I can't explain it. All the pieces have come together. And I suppose that my life outside of school is going great so it carries over into the classroom.
As my co-teacher and I met with every parent we talked about how our class is sweet, supportive, kind, helpful and well behaved. And it wasn't until I said it out loud that I realized I didn't have any behavior issues. Not one time this year has a student told on another. WHAT'S THIS??? They all actually like each other? It's true. I believe I'm currently teaching the perfect class. And they come with perfect, understanding parents.

What a great year!!!!

Oh and how cute is it that one of my parents brought me a candy apple. I've never had a candy green apple. It's delicious. It took me forever to figure out how to take my first bite.

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's so exciting to see you having such a great year!! You do have a really sweet class!! And to think those would of been my babies, if I had stayed in 2B!! I do believe things happen for a reason and those kiddos needed you! Thanks for sharing them with me!!

When do you want me to come do another lesson? I miss 2nd grade!!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you guys get a half day to have parent conferences. I'm glad you are having a good year with a sweet class.

Heidi said...

Glad that conferences went well for you! And a treat too, how cool!